Friday, April 27, 2012

Well Armed

While I’m busy shaping my body into a finely-tuned crime fighting machine, I’ll take this time to mention this piece of awesomeness:


This is the BodyGuard, designed and created by ArmStar.  It was featured in Popular Science in May of last year.  To quickly list off some features, this nugget of technology contains a “less than lethal” electronic deterrent (high voltage electric shock), an HD camera, flashlight, and acts as a defense shield.  This is something the Dark Knight would use.  I mean, look at it.

It even comes in black.
I remember when I first saw this I knew we were once step closer to having Batmen patrol the streets.  If you think about it, why wouldn’t law enforcement be equipped with something like this? And why stop at just a sleeve? 

These babies have been available for about a year now, and the website doesn't indicate how many have been sold.  The website doesn't even mention any new products in the pipeline.  How about a breastplate? A cape with memory cloth?  It should be noted though that the ArmStar's website does say that Kevin Costner is a co-owner of the company.  And he's even featured on the demo video from the PopSci page, so brace yourself before watching it.  It sort of takes away from the grittyness of a Batman-like piece of equipment.

In any case, I hope there's more stuff like this out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment